Saturday, December 17, 2005

...Now with more latch.

Today, I put the latch on the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. This is big news, because now the medicine cabinet actually stays shut. Of course, this is the lazy way of getting it to stay shut. I suppose one day I'll don the whole respirator thing and sand it down so the door actually fits easily in the hole. Whatever. Until then, this will more than suffice. It's so pretty!





And while I'm typing, Dave is cutting tiles and laying them in our kitchen. We also painted the cabinets (not the doors, yet, because it was too overwhelming and I just wanted to put them away in the garage and deal with them later) and put the drawer pulls on, only to realize that the provided Restoration Hardware screws were too puny for the existing holes. I'm going to try some fat #8 drywall screws, which only seem to come in gigantic lengths. Either we will always scratch our knuckles when reaching for spoons, or I'll just hack off the ends. But you're going to have to wait for pictures of that, because Dave will make relentless fun of us (notably: me) if I go in there with a camera and say I'm documenting it for the internet. He thinks all we talk about on the internet are our rashes and Survivor.

So as soon as he leaves, I'll take some pictures and post them for you. It's so awesome, even filthy and incomplete and ungrouted. The black and white checkers are choice.

I'm still waiting for something to go wrong with the tiles, because so far this has been the only thing that has worked out for us from the get-go. I'll believe it when I see it. Alright, enough previews. Hold please.

[by julia 5:10 PM]

texas street

a 1929ish craftsman bungalow in a wee california town.

and we totally have a gun rack.

past


current

gallery

flickr
flickr slideshow

Cut the crap


Here's where I'll categorize things you might actually care about. Look, it's blank. Telling, isn't it?

House blogs

these people work so much harder than we ever will, and take geekery just that much further:

house in progress
1912 bungalow
a fisherman's house
house blogs dot net

feed me

site feed

miscellany

Creative Commons License

H O M E .

Powered by Blogger